Alternative Medicine, Holstic Medicine & Natural medicine
Ginko Biloba -
How It Helps Memory and Circulation
Ginkgo's most powerful effect is on the circulating system. Ginkgo flavenoids directly dilate the smallest segment of the circulating system, the micro-capillaries, which increase both blood circulation and oxygen levels in the brain as well as in other critical organ tissues.
ginko, ginko biloba, memory booster, brain support, ginko for circulation
Ginkgo Biloba is one of the oldest living tree species, dating back over 300 million years. Individual trees can live for over 1,000 years. Ginkgo Biliboa is the best selling herbal product in the world. It is an extract from the green leaves of the Ginkgo tree which is native to Asia, however, is grown worldwide. The active ingredients in the extract are the Ginkgoflavoneglycos, Bilobalide, and terpenelactones including ginkgolides A, B and C. In Asia, ginkgo tree extracts have been used for over 5,000 years to treat cardiovascular problems as well as lung disorders.
Ginkgo's most powerful effect is on the circulating system. Ginkgo flavenoids directly dilate the smallest segment of the circulating system, the micro-capillaries, which increase both blood circulation and oxygen levels in the brain as well as in other critical organ tissues. Ginkgo also prevents platelet aggregation or clumping inside the arterial walls. This increases arterial wall strength and flexibility and decreases the opportunity for the formation of arteriosclerostic plague. Since ginkgo increases oxygen flow to the brain and enhances the brains uptake and utilization of glucose it also is being researched for its role in the senility, forgetfulness, headaches and Alzheimer's disease and its role in improving alertness, memory and mental performance. Recent studies indicate that some patients exhibiting the symptoms of these ailments enjoyed marginal improvement in cognitive abilities after using Ginko. In addition to the benefits provided to the brain by Ginko, it has been shown that Ginko can also help reduce the frequency and intensity of depression.
Related to circulatory improvement, German researchers have also been studying ginkgo as a treatment for atheroclerotic peripheral vascular disease. This disease impairs walking and ginkgo has been shown to help blood flow to the legs allowing people to walk further with far less pain. Ginkgo is a highly important antioxidant shown to have a special affinity for scavenging the superoxide radicals.
• Increases circulation to the brain and lower extremities
• Treats senile conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease
• Treats loss of concentration and emotional fatigue in the elderly
• Treats hardening of the arteries
• Treats depression
• Treats allergies
• May treat tinnitus and vertigo
• May reduce vision loss due to aging
• May reduce symptoms associated with Raynaud’s disease
• Possible assistance in the treatment of peripheral vascular disease
The article ‘Benefits of Gingko Biloba’ tells you about herb Gingko Biloba, mainly cultivated in China. Gingko Biloba is a medicinal plant. After reading this article you will become aware about different properties of Gingko Biloba as well as its importance for you.
ginkgo biloba, ginkgo biloba information, ginkgo biloba tree, effect of ginkgo biloba, ginkgo biloba benefits
Ginkgo trees, are one of the oldest species of trees cultivated in China and are believed to be 150 to 200 million years old. The ginkgo trees grow in average soil and even in full sun. The tree can grow 100 – 120 feet. Ginkgo trees are very resistant to pollution and infection and hardly suffer any disease. Insects rarely attack these plants. Due to these reasons these trees are most tolerant even in urban conditions and are grown as shade trees.
Ginkgo or ginkgo biloba extracts is made from various parts of these trees. Chinease has used ginkgo biloba for the centuries for treating various ailments. Now it is most researched herb and is used by most of the countries as herbal medicine.
Working of Ginkgo Biloba:
Ginkgo leaves contains two groups of active components known as flavonoid glycosides and ginkgolides. These active ingredients helps in increasing blood flow to the brain and improving overall network of blood vessels, and consequently increases the inflow of oxygen and essential nutrients to brain and other important organs of the body and simultaneously helps controlling in allergic inflammation and asthma.
Benefits of Ginkgo Biloba:
The research on this herbal medicine continues for the last three decades and some of the benefits as evidenced by clinical studies have been summarized below.
• It has a positive effect on vascular system and it allows the system to act more efficiently by allowing more blood flow and consequently more oxygen to the vital organs of the body including brain.
• Brain, being the highest oxygen consumer (20%) of the total oxygen requirement of the human body, regulates the body more efficiently.
• The improved blood circulation to brain including microcirculation in smaller capillaries increases memory and metabolic efficiency including neurotransmitters regulation.
• Ginkgo biloba is useful for relaxing coronary arteries constricted by cholesterol.
• Ginkgo biloba is also useful for relieving tension and anxiety.
• Ginkgo biloba is also beneficial to elevate mood and restore energy.
• Ginkgo biloba controls platelet activity factor (PAF). Excessive platelet factor (PAF) in the body may cause physical stress, brain disorder, and skin problem including psoriasis, cardiovascular disease and other hearing disorders.
• Ginkgo biloba is beneficial for treating vertigo and tinnitus.
• Ginkgo biloba acts as an antioxidant and inhibits free radical formed in the body. Antioxidant plays a vital role for protecting cardiovascular and central nervous system (CNS). The combined effect of improved circulatory system and antioxidant improves blood flow to retina and controls retinal deterioration causing an overall improvement in visual activity.
• Some of the clinical trials indicate that ginkgo biloba is beneficial for treating Alzheimer’s disease.
• Ginkgo biloba is also used as supportive herbal medicine for treating infertility disorder in males.
Although it is a herbal medicine with enormous benefits, it should not be combined with certain antidepressants such as MAO (mono amine oxidase). Persons taking medicine for blood clotting disorders should avoid taking ginkgo biloba, as the medicine will increase the effect of prescribed medicine.
If you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant, you should not take ginkgo biloba.
The possible side effects of the medicine include
• Ginkgo biloba may cause some gastrointestinal disorders.
• Ginkgo biloba increases the risk of bleeding and if you have or had any blood clotting disorder, you should not take ginkgo biloba.
• The other common side effects of ginkgo biloba may include nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, dizziness, headache and restlessness.
If you observe any of the side effect as mentioned above or any other side effect, you should stop taking ginkgo biloba and consult your doctor.
Biloba to Starve Off Alzheimer's and Dementia
Using special nutrients and a good diet is the best way to deal with signs of dementia. Ginkgo Biloba has been used for centuries and it still has proven to be one of the best nutrients to improve brain function. Find out why.
dementia, Alzheimer's, Ginkgo Biloba, arteriosclerosis
Dementia, Alzheimer's, and other mental diseases are accelerated by the,
* The lack of blood to the brain
* The lack of oxygen to the brain
* The lack of minerals and vitamins to the brain
* The lack of glucose to the brain
* Increase of toxins to the brain.
The lack of blood to the brain is caused by arteriosclerosis - plack buildup along the arteries causing them to narrow. Arteriosclerosis occurs when you have a diet that causes damage to the artery walls promoting cholesterol and other minerals and nutrients to patch up the damage. Over time, as this patching continues, this area will become narrow and in some case blocks the flow of blood.
As early as possible it is always recommended that you research what a health diet is. Find a diet that will minimize damage and inflammation in your body. Starting a healthy diet at any age is helpful but the sooner you start the better.
Ginkgo Biloba has been found effective in increasing the circulation of blood throughout the body incluing the brain. When this happens more blood moves into the brain and supplies it with the nutrients in the blood.
Ginkgo Biloba also helps brain cells use glucose and thereby increases brain energy. It helps improve brain cell transmission and brain wave tracing. It helps short-term memory by speeding up the brain cell impulses.
Using Ginkgo Biloba for dementia and Alzheimer's has show to slow down, delay, and even reverse these conditions in some cases. Use of Ginkgo Biloba is more effective when used in the early signs of senility, dementia, or Alzheimer's.
If Alzheimer's is well progressed, Ginkgo may have only a slight value. But when Alzheimer's and other dementia issue are due arteriosclerosis or lack of blood to the brain, then Ginkgo may provide some relief and improvement in these conditions.
Here is the type of Ginkgo you should use:
* Ginkgo Biloba Flavonglycosides Extract 24%, 40 mg per day
Results in using Ginkgo Biloba can take from 3 - 12 weeks. It is a safe herb and may only have slight side effects such as headaches and dizziness, but these will disappear as you continue to use it.
If you are faced with signs of reduced mental capacity, Ginkgo Biloba is but one nutrients that can help you starve off it progression. There are many other nutrients that you need to add to your diet to help Ginkgo Biloba do its job better.