TITLE AND SUBJECT OF ARTICLE
Wide Open Spaces –
How To Share The Roads Peacefully With Trucks
On your local news program, you may hear stories about an “out of control” truck wiping out a car load of people or destroying property. The media sensationalizes the facts, often putting most of the blame with the truckers. However, many times that is not the case. For the most part, truckers are responsible drivers who are diligent about road safety. Not only are they making sure they adhere to the rules of the road, but they also have to keep an eye on the nincompoop drive...
On your local news program, you may hear stories about an “out of control” truck wiping out a car load of people or destroying property. The media sensationalizes the facts, often putting most of the blame with the truckers. However, many times that is not the case. For the most part, truckers are responsible drivers who are diligent about road safety. Not only are they making sure they adhere to the rules of the road, but they also have to keep an eye on the nincompoop drivers of passenger vehicles who think they are the exception to the rules.
There are a few common problems that truckers come across with motorists. These problems are often also the ones most sited on insurance claims. Are you guilty of any of these practices?:
1. Brake this habit – Everyone at one point or another gets stuck behind a large truck. So the most logical next step is to change lanes to pass the truck. No problems with that … the problem lies in a vehicle cutting back into the truck’s lane right in front of them, then braking for a turn or just slowing down, period. What most motorists don’t take into account is that truckers need a lot of space in order to slow down, at least two to three times the amount of passenger vehicles.
2. Peek-a-boo! – Now you see them, now you don’t. This peek-a-boo game is very troublesome to truckers. Large trucks have several blind spots which make it hard for the drivers to see other motorists who like to hang out there. The best thing that you can do is either pass the truck or stay a comfortable distance behind them. When in doubt, check for the trucker’s side view mirrors. If you can see them, then chances are that they might be able to see you too.
3. Back up and try again – In this day and age of technology, people are more accustomed to instant results and hate waiting for anything. Unfortunately, when big trucks have to back into a space, it may take a few tries to succeed. Motorists should appreciate the fact that these trucks are bigger than they are and let the truckers do their job. Patience can be a virtue!
4. Teach a lesson – Some drivers of passenger vehicles like to try and “teach” truckers a lesson. Sometimes, drivers think that the big trucks are either going too fast or slow. So they’ll speed up to pass the trucker, then get back in the trucker’s lane and slow down! Many parents tell their kids, “Worry about yourself,” and it would be smart for other motorists to heed that advice. Leave it to the troopers and policemen to enforce the laws of the road.
Common sense is what all these problems boil down to. Each person driving on the road is in charge of themselves. By exercising a little of that common sense, many accidents involving big trucks and passenger vehicles could be avoided. That old adage, “It is better to be safe than sorry,” certainly applies!
How to Find
Affordable Camouflage Seat Covers
Every hunter needs good equipment from quality guns and calls all the way down to camouflage seat covers. Whether you are looking for camouflage seatcovers for your truck...
Camouflage Seat Covers, camo seat covers, camoflage
Every hunter needs good equipment from quality guns and calls all the way down to camouflage seat covers. Whether you are looking for camouflage seatcovers for your truck, tree stand, or boat, you will want to have the best quality without having to spend a fortune. Sure, there are plenty of web sites and hunter supply magazines that have state of the art camo seat covers for prices that are just as amazing.
But, what are you, the average hunter supposed to do if you cant afford to spend such high prices on your camo seat covers or would prefer to spend that money on other types of hunting equipment? The answer is easy, just get online and start looking. There are many sites that have the name brand state of the art camouflage seat covers you are dreaming about, but for a lot less money. All that is required of you is putting forth a little bit of effort in order to find them. The following suggestions will get you a long way to finding the camouflage seat covers that will complete your hunting truck, boat, or stand.
Tip #1 Ebay
You may already be aware of this, but eBay is an amazing location to find everything you could ever want, even camouflage seat covers. There are some sellers that have online stores and a variety of items in stock at all times and then there are personal sellers that are selling an item because they need the money, are replacing it, or whatever reason. You will find several listings for camouflage seat covers and then all you have to do is bid. Remember, if you search eBay today and there are no listings, check back tomorrow because this is an auction site that has new listings every day.
Tip #2 Discount Online Sellers
There are many discount online sellers that provide the hunter with all kinds of supplies, including camo seat covers. All you have to do is find the best discount hunting supply websites and look for the camo seat covers you want. You will have to check back often if you do not encounter them on your first visit, but if you are patient you will find just what you are looking for.
Tip #3 Sales from Major Retailers
Even the major hunting supply retailers have sales. The best thing to do is to visit their websites and look for the sale or discounted section. If you continuously check these pages you will eventually find what you are looking for, plus a whole lot of other supplies that you need and will enjoy buying at a discount.
How To Install
Truck Running Boards
Installing truck running boards yourself is an easy, three step process. You can complete the project in no time and have a truck that is...cool!
Lund running boards, Westin running boards, polymer running boards, aluminum running boards
If you are a pick up truck or SUV owner, one of the most popular accessories for these types of vehicles are running boards. Running boards are particularly useful as they allow easier access to your truck’s cabin in addition to simply “lookin’ good”. You can outfit your vehicle yourself with running boards by following three simple steps. Depending on the brand of running board you purchase, the procedures involved may vary somewhat.
<a target="_new" href="http://www.car-stuff.com/lundrunningboards.htm"><b>Lund running boards</b></a> are industry hot sellers and the company helps make installation a breeze by outlining how to get the job done:
1. Insert the square head bolts into the extruded channels on the underside of the board, then attach the Multi-Fit brackets loosely with supplied washers and nuts.
2. After determining mounting position on the truck, the end caps and step pads are attached with matching black rivets.
3. Mounting methods vary slightly with application. Multi-Fit Running boards are bolted in place with clip nuts and bolts at factory holes. Tighten after determining alignment is correct.
That’s it! Before you know it your running boards are securely in place and ready for use.
When shopping for <a target="_new" href="http://www.car-stuff.com"><b>running boards</b></a>, please note that the quality of the products marketed can vary. A top of the line running board such as those sold by Lund or <a target="_new" href="http://www.car-stuff.com/westinrunningboards.htm"><b>Westin running boards</b></a> is typically made out of tough polymer materials or diamond plated aluminum and will, therefore, adequately hold your weight and resist deterioration. You can order running boards that light up, choose boards that have a wide step area, and even select running boards that allow you to paint the shell yourself.
Running boards are made for SUVs from the Kia Sorento to the Ford Expedition, and for trucks from the Toyota Tacoma to the GMC Sierra Denali. Mounting kits are usually sold separately, so before completing your order make sure that all the parts as well as instructions are included with your shipment.
By shopping with a reputable online retailer and installing the running boards yourself you can save plenty of money and have the satisfaction of knowing that you did the installation.