TITLE AND SUBJECT OF ARTICLE
How To Have More
Time... A Few Tips
To get a better grasp on your productivity and success both at work and at home it is essential to learn some time management techniques. Effective Time management will help you better prioritize your day, helping to focus on the things that need to be done and seeing where you are wasting the most time. Each of us starts our day with the same amount of time but what you do with that time and how much you accomplish with it depends solely on your and your c...
advice, time management, personal development,
To get a better grasp on your productivity and success both at work and at home it is essential to learn some time management techniques. Effective Time management will help you better prioritize your day, helping to focus on the things that need to be done and seeing where you are wasting the most time. Each of us starts our day with the same amount of time but what you do with that time and how much you accomplish with it depends solely on your and your choices. You do not have to have set times for every waking moment but there are things that you can do to instill time saving habits, which will greatly increase your productivity.
Perhaps one of the first things you will want to do is learn what some of the biggest time wasters are. Below is a sample of some things that may be draining your time.
• Surfing the internet can make the time fly and before you know an hour has passed and you have accomplished nothing.
• Telephone calls – especially personal calls during work hours
• E-mail- constantly checking your email during the day.
• Lack of planning for specific tasks
• Idle chat with friends or co-workers
• Clutter Workspace
• Poor tools and resources- trying to get things done with the wrong tools can waste hours of time every week
Most of the bad time management habits that we have picked up can be switched into good ones with a few simple steps.
• Limit your internet use when working or trying to accomplish tasks At home.
• Limit your personal telephone calls to set break times so they will not monopolize your day.
• Use your break times as well to do such tasks as checking your email
• Make a list of things that have to be done and give them each a time limit, then follow the list to better stay organized and on task.
• Let your friends and co-workers know that you are in the middle of doing something but you can get back with them when you’re on a break.
• Clean up your work space so everything has a place making it simpler to find things
• Make sure that you have the proper tools for the job at hand.
Managing your time should be easy once you get some good habits down and stick to them. You will find that by better managing your time, you will not only be more productive but you will have an overall enriched sense of well being.
How to Have Power
To have the power of the Sphinx makes mere men to seem magical as if they controlled the forces of nature.
psychic, mind control, JK Ellis, power, control
If power begins in controlling something, then are we powerless prior to controlling?
Yes and no.
We have potential, which is a power in itself, but unused and undirected potential is NOTHING.
Are we powerless prior to controlling?
I would say we are not powerless, but ignorant (Which is a version of powerlessness, I guess.)
We don't know that we have power and don't know to know to test it.
The end of all powerlessness begins with awareness.
A Samurai Warrior would learn this by practicing a meditation of sitting on the top of a mountain with his arm extended and sword pointing skyward in a position ready to fall. He would meditate on that fleeting moment when a balanced piece of metal would turn into an unpredictable falling/killing weapon. His awareness was on the potential of the weapon. When he learned that then he could study the application of it's power.
What is power?
What is power like?
How great is power?
Where is power now?
To Know. To Will. To Dare. To Keep Silent.
These were the powers of the Sphinx and they remain dormant in all of us to one degree or another.
You don't know what you don't know. Thus you must seek knowledge in whatever realm you wish to control.
You must Will and Dare to use that knowledge.
To keep silent. This is where power turns to craft. It is the most subtle application of power. So subtle it may seem that things are all happening in your favor when in fact they happen by your design.
A bolder resting precariously on a cliff, a bow string pulled tight, these have a quality of potential force, What the Chinese strategist, Sun Tsu, called "shih". With just the right action and the force is unleashed.
The silent art of power and control is to see the potential force in everything and arrange it so that, if released, it works in your favor.
The keys to this power are first to know what you want far into the future and to know it in rich and glorious detail. The next step is to develop a presice and detailed plan to your goal and to meditate upon it day in and day out. By having this constantly on your mind you will function with the greatest efficiency toward your goal.
You will see the world about and know "This action will lead me to my goal. This action will lead me nowhere."
This task that is unnatural for most of us because of our natural tendency to focus on the thoughts of the present and to respond to the urgencies at hand. To master this skill we must alter our thinking and see every action that we perform as an act of manipulating "shih".
To do this is the height of Sphinx-like power and makes mere men to seem magical as if they controlled the forces of nature.
How To Have
How can you avoid falling into temptation? Develop stronger willpower? Maybe, or re-define the word.
willpower,self control,will power, self improvement,temptation
Have you ever wished you had stronger willpower? How can you make yourself stop doing things you don't want to do? There are ways, and the first thing to do is to redefine the concept of willpower.
Self Awareness Instead Of Willpower
It's hard to resist temptation sometimes, isn't it? That piece of cake calls to you. What's the simple answer to this? Don't stand in front of the cake! Don't go to the bar alone if you want a faithful marriage. Don't have whiskey in the house if you don't want to drink it. Stay away from people that lead you to trouble.
People often have this idea that willpower must mean being immune to temptation. What if true willpower is not only the ability to say no, but the wisdom to avoid temptation? Become aware of where your resistance is low, and don't put yourself in those situations. Doesn't that make more sense than fighting useless battles with yourself?
Other Ways To Strengthen Willpower
There will be times when you didn't choose the situation, of course. Or at least that's the excuse you'll use. What can you do then? Try these tips:
1. Immediately begin to imagine the consequences of your actions. Give yourself a good scare, if you have to.
2. Substitute temptations. Quickly get a glass of your favorite juice or soda if you don't want that beer.
3. Ask for help. If you can't stop complaining, for example, have friends point out when you are doing it.
4. Relax. Willpower is low when you are stressed. Close your eyes and take three deep breaths.
5. Energize yourself. Willpower tends to go up and down with energy levels. Sleep well, play energetic music, move around, or start an interesting conversation.
6. Find the cause of the temptation, and deal with it. A boring job or life can lead you to all sorts of stupid ways to find "excitement." Consider changing what you can change.
You can call it willpower, or self control, or something else. You just want to stop yourself from doing harmful things, right? Using the techniques and tips here will help.