TITLE AND SUBJECT OF ARTICLE
How to combine
styles in any room
A well decorated home is one unified whole with rooms that blend and relate to each other like members of a family.
A well decorated home is one unified whole with rooms that blend and relate to each other like members of a family. The goal of any room arrangement in your house is a simple grouping of furniture pieces that work toward its purpose, dining, sleeping, working, or relaxing. Create easy access through your rooms with 3-fott-wide passages that suggest where you want traffic to flow. Use entry furnishings constant with the rest of your home.
When you are dealing with furniture the whole collection must take priority over individual pieces. It is easy to fall under the enchantment of an antique piece of furniture, but you have to consider how it will fit in with everything else. Plus, you have to ask whether it meets your needs. Everybody loves to buy new things, but before bring in new furniture you must figure out whether to take advantage of what you already have.
You may want to restore or renovate the external appearance of furniture if it is shabby or drab. Decorating is not merely throwing out the old and brings in the new objects. New furniture is certainly attractive, not to mention pricey, if you were to search secondhand market and antique stores, you would probably come across some surprising pieces of furniture that add a touch of distinction to our home. Remember that some old furniture has more personality than new designs and can be a source of inspiration as you seek to create your own decorating scheme.
Old furniture is adequately interesting to be the central feature of a room but be sure never to mix antique furniture with different styles. The general rule is that if you have one very quality piece of antique furniture, the other, more reserved pieces, should stay out of the limelight. In bigger rooms you can place two or three pieces of antique furniture without overdoing it. Decorating a home is a lifelong process that changes as you adjust. It’s an unfolding experience that lets you express yourself. Enjoy the time you spend doing it.
How to select the
right Home decorating magazines! a users guide.
Home decorating magazines is a great way to create instant inspiration for decorating ideas. But what makes a magazine the ideal one. Let's have a look at some of the factors that will help you to choose the right magazine.
home decorating magazines
There are very wonderful publications available right now for the readers and enthusiasts in home decorating. Let's see how to choose the right home decorating magazine. What are the bare minimum factors that a magazine should include?
1) A home decorating magazine is nothing without photographs. It is a common saying that "a picture is worth a thousand words", that's why a home decorating magazine must have color photographs, that are relevant to the text written.
But here is a little secret about these photographs that go in a decorating magazine. All these photos are captured by expert and professional photographers and these experts have been trained to make look these interior spaces good and impressive. If you actually physically visit the places in the photographs, you might get a different impression about the space. So what's the point here. While selecting the home decorating magazine see that you get photographs by experts and also some real life photographs captured by non-experts to show the real thing.
2) Does the magazine focus only on a certain area/niche of decorating such as wallpapers, furniture, color schemes, interior lighting then don't go for it. Such kind of "focused on a niche" magazines is good if you are an expert yourself in that niche. For example if you are an expert in "interior lighting" then it would be nice to look for lighting magazines to improve your knowledge or even as a place to advertise your services.
3) What kind of articles does the magazine publish? Who are the writers? Are there any "how to" articles that help fixing a specific problem?
Of course this is the job of the editor of the magazine, but as a reader it's your job to see what do you get against your investment.
4) Are there different sections reserved for the ads of the merchants that go in the magazines? How many pages have been reserved for the ads. It can't happen that a magazine is 100% without ads and neither should it, but check for the ratio of pages of quality information against number of ads.
5) Check some previous issues of the magazine. When was it first published? Is it consistent in providing quality information from then onwards? Is the publisher consistent and efficient about maintaining the schedule of the publication primarily promised.
6) Finally look for a general look and feel of the publication. You don't have to be an expert in this. A well managed company will always have a wonderfully designed and packaged magazine for their readers.
I hope this was enough to start your own detecting alarm in your mind to look for the right home decorating magazine you are looking for.
Copyright Shrinivas Vaidya
How To Give A Room
A New Look On A Budget
As a homeowner, you don’t need to have a large budget to give your home a remodel look straight out of the home and garden magazines.
As a homeowner, you don’t need to have a large budget to give your home a remodel look straight out of the home and garden magazines. Any motivated do it yourselfer can redecorate a room and have it looking sleek and fashionable for under $1000. Remodeling with a budget in mind not only saves you money, but also increases the resale value of your home.
You can change the mood of your house just by painting and changing colors, especially uplifting your spirits during the cold winter season. Painting your house is a simple to do home improvement project that's easy on your budget if you do it yourself. Don’t go after the most expensive paint you can find.
Expensive doesn’t necessarily always mean the best quality paint. A good rule of thumb as to how much you will spend painting just one room around 300 square feet will be less than $200, including necessary supplies of rollers, paint roller tray, duct tape and paint brushes.
Other materials such as a drop cloth, paint bucket, or rags are optional. You can use old blankets that you don’t mind getting paint on, or use cardboard. Rags can be replaced with old towels or damp paper towels, and paint buckets will only be necessary if you plan to mix paints for faux finish painting.
Using wallpaper is another way to change the look of a room without breaking the bank. Proper wallpapering can suit anyone’s need and budget, and can help to change the mood as well as adding elegance to a room. You can make a room appear larger or smaller just by choosing the right wallpaper, giving an illusion of height for rooms with lower ceilings. Using wallpaper can also add a design and pattern that is very difficult to accomplish with paint unless you are a talented artist.
The average price for a single roll of wall covering is about $12. The price is affected by the type of wall covering, how elaborate the design, the exclusivity of the design, and if it’s made by a famous designer.
Faux finishes are all the latest rage and are really easy to do. Almost anyone with just a little desire and some simple practice can create attractive faux finishes. Just get a simple guidebook to get you started and you will be creating beautiful faux finishes in no time.